Comment on page
- 1.Is a non-segwit node considered a full node?
- 2.What is the difference between a hard and soft fork?
- 1.How should one understand ANYONE_CAN_SPEND outputs? Do nodes with and without the SegWit upgrade behave differently while validating or enforcing?
- 2.[Optional] What is the difference between wrapped SegWit and native SegWit addresses? (SegWit Wallet Development)
- 1.How is ECDSA malleable?
- 1.Why do second layer protocols (like Lightning) require transaction malleability to be fixed?
- 2.What rationale was used to decide on the 4 MB SegWit block weight (3 x old_tx_bytes + segwit_tx_bytes), instead of say a 2 MB block weight (old_tx_bytes + segwit_tx_bytes)?
- 1.How do blocks commit to witness data?
- 2.What is weight versus virtual bytes? How do they differ? How does weight change the relative costs of inputs and outputs?
- 3.How could BIP 9 be considered controversial within the community? How was BIP 148 received when first proposed?
- 1.How does SegWit affect initial block download (IBD)?
- 1.What is ASIC BOOST and what did it have to do with SegWit's deployment?
- 1.How did users know whether miners support SegWit prior to activation?
- 1.What are some address format design goals and requirements discussed in the bech32 talk? How problematic is the bech32 mutability issue for v0 segwit addresses versus for taproot?