- 1.What are the incentives around on-chain fees for the funding tx? Does the fundee care if the funder submits a funding tx with very low fee?
- 1.What is the danger of being able to associate a base layer bitcoin node with the owner’s lightning node?
- 2.What problem do anchor outputs resolve? Why don't they solve the pinning problem?
- 1.Can including fees in channel transactions be abused by attackers? How do anchors seek to fix this?
- 1.What variables other than
max_accepted_htlcscould be tweaked to make it harder or less attractive for an attacker to try and lock up a channel?
- 2.Can we differentiate between the useful messages like error and trial path finding versus spam like probes?
- 1.As a service, why is it easier to send funds than receive them?
- 1.Why would the fundee care about the size the fees if it’s a funder that’s paying the fees?
- 2.If you disagree about the fees with your peer, how do you negotiate them?
- 1.What kind of info would be relevant for doing local reputation tracking?
- 2.How would having bidirectional fees for payments affect overall routing incentives?
- 1.What challenges exist for making routing table synchronization efficient?
- 1.What's to prevent an attacker from temporarily drying up network liquidity by sending himself payments using really long routes without completing the payments?
- 1.If a channel is being closed unilaterally, and the commitment tx has a low fee, can one of the parties bump the fees with CPFP (spend their output with a high fee)? If not, why not?
- 1.What are the effects of upfront fees for HTLC on malicious probing and "honest" probing?
- 2.Is randomly denying a percentage of payment requests an effective countermeasure to the balance probing attack? Outside of the potential loss of routing fees, are there any other downsides?
- 3.Another countermeasure was to remove error messages when a route fails. Besides having less clarity as to why a path failed when trying to find a route for a payment, are there any other reasons to include these error messages?